Thursday, August 21, 2014

Romance that makes you feel good! Always Conall by Sibylla Matilde

Always Conall (Bitterroot #2) by Sibylla Matilde
 
This is an adult contemporary romance (Rated NC-17)
 
 ♥♥♥♥1/2
(Four and a half Conall Hearts)
 
 
Book Summary
 
***** Mature Content, Sexual Situations, Adult Situations, Strong Language *****

To him, I was only just Sage, Matt Nichols’ little sister. But I've worshiped Conall my whole life. My brother's best friend. My secret crush. My first and only love. Always hoping he’d really see... me.

And then, a torrent of circumstances ripped through my life. One by one, my family began to crumble. My dad's heart attack. My brother's tragic death. My mother's slipping sanity. And then Conall's abandonment. He took my heart when he left, but he gave me a reason to grow up fast, to be strong, and to live.

Now, just when things finally start looking up, he's back in Bitterroot. Standing before me, not the boy he once was, but a man. Just when I’m on the cusp of living again. Just when I’m starting to feel like I could let go of the past and be happy without him, the feelings I set aside for all those years are raging once again through my veins. My tight control is slipping. The future I've so carefully mapped out now seems so uncertain.

He’s changed, but he hasn’t. I hate him for leaving, but I love him for coming home.

But will he stay? And do I really, truly want him to after he shattered me before?
 
 
My Review
 
This story reminds me of mistakes we all make as teenagers. And honestly, most of us don’t have the opportunity to correct those mistakes.
Here we have a couple destined to fail with all the odds against them. And this story is the unlikely meeting between two people with baggage a plenty.  The question is can they come to an understanding? Can they beat the odds? And watching it unfold is the beauty of the story.
We’ve got a single mother and a solider returning home. What’s not to love in this one?
My book boyfriend is Conall.


View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment