Thursday, August 07, 2014

This is not a happy love story ~ Insurmountable by T.E. White

Insurmountable (Sins of the Father #1) by T.E. White
 
This is a New Adult contemporary romance (Rated NC-17)
 
 ♥♥♥♥♥
(Five WTF Hearts)
 
 
Book Summary
 
This isn’t some happy love story. If you want that, try something else. No, I own this nightmare and would have never guessed it could have happened to me.

My life is painstakingly puzzled out. And if I have to admit it, I fall for Red the first time I see her. In fact, she is the first of many things for me and maybe my last. She is the reflection of my happiness and the beginning to my end. She is the stain that covers my heart in the color of her blood-red hair.

Thoughts of her consume me and continue to bombard my mind like ricochet gunfire. So what can possibly go wrong, you wonder? A humorous chuckle escapes me, in case you didn’t hear it. Yeah, I can tell you, but you will judge me unfairly. This you need to hear from the beginning, so you know all the facts and feel what I felt. Maybe even sympathize and not give me your scorn. Then maybe you can possibly… possibly comprehend the enormity of my crossroads.

You have to know I never planned or meant for any of this. It isn’t my fault. It’s someone else’s sins that have efficiently destroyed my life in one fell swoop. My name?

My name is Tade Astor and happiness for me is insurmountable.
 
 
My Review
 
I wouldn’t say this book is dark, but it deals with a sensitive subject matter. I’m not sure if that’s the best description but it’s what I’ve got. If you are faint of heart, this story isn’t for you. There is a WTF moment that will either put you off or give you pause (a thought provoking moment).
This book is told entirely from the guy’s POV. For me, it’s an interesting switch up. I’m not sure if it would have been as interesting if told from hers.
Tade is the typical, rich, handsome, playboy type. And Reagan is the typical shy girl with not a lot of experience and some heart ache. The setting is college and that’s where the story of boy meets girl in a typical love story ends.
This story will fool you about what the twist is, but don’t count on it. To say it’s different is an understatement. I can’t say more because it would spoil it for you. You have to read blind to get the full enjoyment.
Anyway, it was a pleasurable read especially because of the uniqueness.
My book boyfriend is Tade.
 
 

View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment